Apr 9, 2008

The Greatest News there ever was...

Today has officially been a very good day. not that it started out like any other day, because it did, but i found out some amazingly great news that just may help me along this peace corps journey that i've been on for the past few months.

Since i began this application process, i knew that they(the peace corps) would make me have my wisdom teeth removed. This was all good and dandy, and something i had been told needed to be done, but the catch. And yes, there is a catch. My dental insurance expired when i graduated back in December.

Needless to say, I've been trying to find the means to have my teeth taken out for several months, even going as far as saving up a good bit of money for the costs that would be accrued for the service. yesterday, after Dr. Abbot(the periodontist who performed my initial dental exam for free!) gave me a copy of my panorex x-ray, she wrote me a letter of recommendation for the local charity hospital's oral surgery unit to possibly admit me as a patient. I called, they wouldn't accept it. I called Dr. Abbot and told her that there was a two week waiting period and that she had to fax over some form, and blah, blah, blah. Dr. Abbot, who happens to be the nicest woman ever, said that this wasn't good enough and called a few of her oral surgeon buddies to see what could be done. At the end of all of this, i have an appointment tomorrow with a Dr. Hornsby for a consultation and will be having my teeth pulled on Tuesday for FREE!! yes, that is right. for free. Granted, i may still have to pay the anesthesiologist and such, but its amazing that this doctor, who doesn't even knot me would do something like this.


life is good.

not to mention that Cara and I just received emails from camp saying we are getting administrative polos for the summer! we are officially in the big leagues now. its gonna be a good day.

No comments: