Sep 19, 2008

ten days

so. my passport went through! it came back from the state department and i'm still going to mozambique. so, i'm guessing thats a good thing. what else is new. not much. still stressing out. still buying shit i probably won't use. and still waiting around to leave.


earlier in the week. monday it was. i had received a call from SATO, the travel agency that handles all of the Peace Corps passports, visas, and tickets. well, apparently when i had lost my passport three years ago in South Africa, the embassy that issued me a temporary passport never told me i still had to report my other passport as missing.

so the american end of this deal has been waiting for me to send in my current passport for the past three months. and they just decided this week to have me send it in. well, one DS-64 form later. i'm scot free and the new passport has been made.

also, do you know how much it costs to overnight a piece of paper?!?!

guess...

just do it.

$37

yeah. put that in your pipe and smoke on it

2 comments:

Courtney said...

i'm a little jealous of the giraffe on the top of your blog! yet you question the reason for its existence... sad. =)

PeteJustHappened said...

hey gabriel,
I'm also doing Peace Corps mozambique! Looks like we'll meet up in a week in Philly.

Pete

Luckily I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago, but I had a similar situation with one of my front teeth.